Joan Nathan, author of Jewish Cooking in America, is the go to author on traditional Jewish cooking. She also has a wonderful childrens’ book, The Children’s Jewish Holiday Kitchen, where I found this simple to do Haroset recipe.
- 8 apples
- 2/3 cup almonds
- 3 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons sweet red wine
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Vegetable peeler
- Wooden chopping bowl
- Old-fashioned chopper or food processor
Child: Peel the apples and cut them in quarters, removing the core. Using your chopping bowl and chopper, chop together all the ingredients. The apples and almonds should be about the size of the chunks in chunky peanut butter. Add red wine to taste.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Coconut covered Date/Nut Balls (rawlivingfoods.typepad.com)
- Banana Avocado Crème Bars (rawlivingfoods.typepad.com)