Written by: Marissa Anteby
Wow! You did it, you got through the bulk of your preparations for Passover. It’s almost Shabbat.
You deserve a reward. Treat yourself to a little ‘me time’ to congratulate yourself for all of your efforts this week.
What I’m giving you here, is something you should be giving yourself on a regular basis; permission. Yep, permission to take a break. Sit down for a moment and pause. What would make this even better? Oooh, how about a foot massage? Here’s a quickie pressure point massage that will re-charge your whole body.
If you like, you can use any cream you have and rub it in to your feet with the technique I’ll be sharing with you. Next time you can even go out and buy the following items to make your own homemade scented oil;
6 oz. of Sweet Almond oil
6 drops of Jasmine essential oil
4 drops of Frangipani essential oil
3 drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil
Note: essential oils can be purchased at https://www.youngliving.org/oils4wellness
1) Sit down and take your cream, oil, or just your bare hands and rub the the sole of one foot, from heel thru the inner arch to the ball of your foot, all the way to your toes, and the top of your foot.
2) With one hand, hold your foot by the ankle, with the thumb of your other hand, use long strokes to press your inner arch, moving from your heel towards the ball of your foot. Make these strokes, slower and deeper. (Try not to slouch your shoulders while your doing this – my tips for a shoulder massage aren’t in this article ; )
3) Keep holding your ankle with one hand, and use your other hand to tug your toes one at a time. Start with your big toe. Repeat that 2 more times; tugging each toe.
4) Now push your thumb in to the mound at the base of each toe. So, you still have one hand holding your ankle, and the thumb of your other hand is massaging the sole of your foot. Move from big toe mound thru little toe mound. Stop at any toe that needs a little more attention.
5) When your ready, switch to your other foot!
Marissa Anteby is a wife, and a mother of 4 children. Her company www.embodyinc.com hosts holistic exercise classes in Cycling, Pilates, and Yoga, in cities throughout New York and New Jersey. Marissa maintains more than 10 wellness related certifications, including Reiki Massage, and Thai Yoga Massage.
Subscribe Now for weekly freebies and recipes!
CLICK and Sign up for our free newsletter!