Your Peace of the Week
by: Marissa Anteby
Ahhh, the count down is on. Only a little while till Shabbat. Why not pamper yourself with a body scrub?Here’s an easy body scrub that you can make right now. Here’s what you’ll need:
1. 1 cup of salt; it can be sea, Epsom or plain old table salt.
2. 1 cup of oil; baby, coconut, sweet almond, or even vegetable oil.
3. 6 drops of eucalyptus essential oil.
4. 4 drops peppermint essential oil.
(Don’t worry, you can do it without the essential oils this time. But go to a health food store during the week and buy some, so you can use them next time.)
• Mix the oil in to the salt. Then add the drops of essential oil.
- Pour a spoonful of the scrub mixture on to a loofah or a washcloth. It’s ok if the salt has settled to the bottom, get that part on your spoon.
- Apply the concoction to your skin, liberally. Don’t scour too abrasively; salt can be harsh on delicate skin. Avoid getting the scrub on your face and neck. But feel free to spend extra time on your elbows, knees, and bottoms of feet.
- Now spoon on only the oil to your loofah or washcloth. Cover all the spots you got with the salt. Again, you could spend more time on your elbows, knees, and bottoms of feet.
- Rinse thoroughly in the shower or bath.
You should feel invigorated. The salt exfoliates your skin and the oil softens and moisturizes it. Enjoy this while you can, because your few moments of that “Calgon take me away,” feeling are almost over… it’ll be time to get dressed and back to reality!
Related articles by Zemanta
- Oasisbotanica.com Introduces Natural Essential Oil Alternatives to Toxic Chemicals to Free Homes from Problems Associated with Stress, Bacteria, Viruses, and Bad Odors (prweb.com)
- Healthy is the New Natural — Eco-Me Natural Cleaning Products Were Created to Inspire Healthy Living Starting Inside your Home (prweb.com)
- How To Make Homemade Bubble Bath (apartmenttherapy.com)