Get a sneak peek at just one recipe from Magen David Yeshivah’s new cookbook to be launched just in time to buy your Hanuka gifts……..
Contact Yvonne at email@example.com for more info.
Asian-Style Short Ribs
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup mirin
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
5 pounds short ribs (flanken)
5 scallions, chopped
black and white sesame seeds
1. Combine the soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic in a medium bowl; whisk to blend well.
2. Pour the mixture into a zippered bag large enough to contain the ribs. Add the ribs and seal the bag. Turn the bag over several times to coat the meat well.
3. Refrigerate overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
5. Place the meat and the marinade in a roasting pan.
6. Bake, covered, for 2 hours
7. Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.