The Jewish Hostess readers are the first to get a sneak peek recipe from Susie Fishbeins new book Teens and 20 Somethings.
This is the perfect cookbook for teens and young adults – fun food that’s delicious and quick to prepare .Order her new book HERE.
Southwest Rotisserie Chicken Wraps
yields 6 servings
Give your boring leftovers new life! This dish is a great way to use up leftover chicken, but it is yummy enough that I have even made a fresh roasted chicken to use in this recipe.
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, skin discarded, meat shredded with 2 forks
- 3⁄4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8.75-ounce) can whole kernel yellow corn, drained, or 1 cup frozen corn kernels, defrosted (or kernels from 2 fresh corn on the cob-steamed)
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled, very finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, stems discarded, leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup favorite bottled barbecue sauce, such as KC Masterpiece®
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons parve sour cream, such as Tofutti brand Sour Supreme®
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 head Boston lettuce, leaves chopped (about 6 cups, loosely packed)
- 3 plum tomatoes, halved, seeded, cut into 1/4-inch dice
1. In a medium bowl, toss the shredded chicken, beans, corn, red onion, and cilantro. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the barbecue sauce, mayonnaise, parve sour cream, salt, and pepper. Pour the sauce over the chicken mixture and stir to mix well.
3. The tortillas are easier to roll when they are warm, so heat each one for about 10 seconds in the microwave. Lay the tortillas flat on a work surface. Top with lettuce and tomatoes. Pile on 1 cup of the chicken mixture.
Please visit our sponsors:
- Check out Surrey Lane for exquisite table settings
- Blossom Bleu’s gorgeous netilat yadayim cups now on sale.
- Brooklyn Makeup Studio has all of your beauty needs on Avenue U in Brooklyn.
- Healthy ingredients for all of your recipes at Omni Health.
- Modern exquisite challah covers for a gorgeous Shabbat meal.
Subscribe Now for a chance to win a brand new fall capri legging and top of your choice and size.
Get the latest recipes and great deals at all of your favorite shops!!
Winner to be picked at random with random.org.
Click HERE to subscribe.
Email Jeanette Sabbagh or call (917-678-6000) for the chicest activewear holiday gifts.