By Janet Harary
Needed for this Kosher Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable (for vegetarian) stock
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can whole kernel corn (or use fresh corn from 2 corn on the cob)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- juice of one small lime (optional)
How to Make this Kosher Recipe
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, and carrots, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Add chili powder and cumin; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add stock, 1 can of the beans, corn, and pepper; bring to boil.
Meanwhile, in food processor or blender, puree together tomatoes and remaining can of beans; add to pot. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until carrots are tender. You can control the thickness by reducing or adding the amount of stock.
Please visit our sponsors:
- Not Just Towels Personalized Gifts for Hanuka- all under $50!
- De-Clutter with Esther
- Check out Surrey Lane for your Hanuka table settings.
- Blossom Bleu’s gorgeous netilat yadayim cups now on sale.
- Brooklyn Makeup Studio has all of your beauty needs on Avenue U in Brooklyn.
- Healthy Kosher ingredients for all of your recipes at Omni Health.
- A Matter of Presents- We specialize in deep etched crystal and glassware personalized with your monogram, special message, artwork, or logo. A perfect personalized Hanuka gift!