by Esther Serouya
Another Shabbat is coming up and its time to try this new, easy almond loaf. For a lower fat version, substitute unsweetened applesauce for the oil. You can also bake it, wrap it in plastic wrap and freeze as one of your pareve Thanksgiving desserts.
Quick Almond Loaf
2 cups sifted flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup oil (or applesauce)
2 tsp almond extract
beat oil,eggs and sugar. add the flour and baking powder then almond extract. the batter will be thick. bake in a greased bundt or loaf pan for 50 mins at 350 degrees.
by Esther Seruya
Please visit our sponsors:
- Not Just Towels Personalized Gifts for Hanuka- all under $50!
- De-Clutter with Esther
- Check out Surrey Lane for your Hanuka table settings.
- Blossom Bleu’s gorgeous netilat yadayim cups now on sale.
- Brooklyn Makeup Studio has all of your beauty needs on Avenue U in Brooklyn.
- Healthy Kosher ingredients for all of your recipes at Omni Health.
- A Matter of Presents- We specialize in deep etched crystal and glassware personalized with your monogram, special message, artwork, or logo. A perfect personalized Hanuka gift!