PARVE YIELDS 4-6 SERVINGS
“I have always been a fan of roasting any vegetable at a high heat to caramelize its natural sugars. This fantastic side dish goes a step further by adding a spicy kick that makes these carrots addictive.” - Susie Fishbein
I would double or triple this recipe and use it for Shabbat as a new vegetable on the table. – Marlene
Ingredients for this Kosher Recipe
- 6 large carrots, peeled, ends trimmed
- 1 egg white from a large egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt or kosher salt
Directions for this Kosher Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 450˚F. Cover a jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Cut each carrot in half to make 2 (3–4 inch) pieces.
3. Cut each carrot half in half lengthwise. With the cut-side-down on your cutting board, cut each half into 3 equal strips to make thin carrot sticks.
4. Place the egg white into a large shallow bowl or container and whip with a fork or whisk till foamy.
5. In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, water, garlic powder, cumin, sugar, paprika, and white pepper.
6. Place the carrot sticks into the beaten egg; toss to coat the carrots in the egg white.
7. Stir the carrots into the spice mixture. Arrange in a single layer on the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the salt.
8. Roast, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
9. Transfer to a serving platter.
Recipe preview from Kosher By Design Teens and 20-Somethings: cooking for the next generation
Win a free Cookbook from Susie Fishbein. Just send in your favorite recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit our sponsors:
- Not Just Towels Personalized Gifts for Hanuka- all under $50!
- De-Clutter with Esther
- Check out Surrey Lane for your Hanuka table settings.
- Blossom Bleu’s gorgeous netilat yadayim cups now on sale.
- Brooklyn Makeup Studio has all of your beauty needs on Avenue U in Brooklyn.
- Healthy Kosher ingredients for all of your recipes at Omni Health.
- A Matter of Presents- We specialize in deep etched crystal and glassware personalized with your monogram, special message, artwork, or logo. A perfect personalized Hanuka gift!