“Hi Marlene, With the Superbowl coming up I was thinking of a different dip that I could serve, that would be tasty and also healthier……I came up with a Baba Ghanooj Trio….traditional baba ghanooj, roasted red pepper baba ghanooj and kalamata olive baba ghanooj served with Za’atar pita toasts….the colors look so pretty when served together!”
Thank you Joy Betesh for this great recipe!
Baba Ghanooj Trio:
- 3 medium eggplants
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1 red pepper roasted, peeled and pureed
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pureed with 2 tablespoons of olive juice
Directions for this Kosher Recipe
- Double wrap the eggplants in aluminum foil and roast on the stove top directly over low-med. flame till skin is blistered and eggplant is soft.
- Slice eggplants in half lengthwise and scoop out insides….. discarding the skin.
- Place the eggplants in a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the tahini, garlic, cumin, salt, lemon juice, parsley to eggplants and mix all the ingredients together.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor or blender and process for 1-2 minutes. Eggplant mixture should be creamy.
- Divide the eggplant mixture into 3 portions….leaving one portion as is and then mix the roasted pepper puree into another portion and the olive puree into the last portion. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Spoon the Baba Ghanooj onto a plate in a circle, starting with the plain, then adding the red pepper Baba Ghanooj and ending with the olive Baba Ghanooj in the center. Garnish with parsley and Za’atar pita toasts.
Za’atar Pita Toasts:
- 3 Pita Breads
- 2 tablespoons Za’atar Spice
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
Open the pita breads and cut each round into 8 triangles. Place on a baking tray and sprinkle with the za’atar spice and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake in a 300* oven for 10 minutes or till golden browned.
665 Highway 35, Middletown, NJ, 07748
1815 Highway 35, Oakhurst, NJ, 07755
Call Toll Free for a Quote: 1-888-3-GOT-INK
- Joy’s Amazing No Knead Olive Bread (thejewishhostess.com)
- Whipped Feta Dip for Hanuka (thejewishhostess.com)