Hot Cocoa Recipe #1:
Delightful Hot Chocolate:
Hi, it’s Shirley from Homebaked with a recipe for all those in need of a heartwarming, satisfying treat. Here’s an easy recipe for rich, creamy homemade hot chocolate. You can use any kind of chocolate you desire – bittersweet, semisweet, milk, white… or try mixing a few! Add peppermint extract into white chocolate cocoa for warm, wintery flavors, swirl in a few flakes of sea salt and homemade caramel into milk chocolate for a toffee spin, or a cinnamon stick and some vanilla for a delicious spiced hot cocoa. Or, if you’re feeling adventurous, try a pinch of cayenne pepper for a little kick. Top your creation with freshly whipped cream, toasted marshmallows, candy cane, or some more shaved chocolate.
makes one large or two small portions:
- 1 1/2 cups milk (any fat content you like)
- 6 heaping tablespoons chocolate chips
Directions for this Kosher Recipe
- In a small saucepan, gently heat milk over low heat. Whisk often so the milk doesn’t burn.
- While the milk is heating, bring a medium saucepan with two inches of water to a boil. Place a heat-proof bowl with chocolate pieces over the simmering water. Make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the simmering water. You’re creating a double boiler. Stir the chocolate pieces until melted.
- Add the melted chocolate to the hot milk. Whisk together until completely blended and add your favorite mix-ins. Pour into mugs and top with whatever you fancy.
Hot Cocoa Recipe #2:
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1 cup hot vanilla rice dream or soy milk
- bring milk to a boil in a saucepan and add rest of ingredients
sooo good and parve!
Hot Cocoa Recipe #3:
by Jacqueline Kapetas
Hi Marlene, I saw your Facebook status asking us for a hot cocoa recipe from scratch. My friend Sophia Cohen found this on allrecipes.com. I’ve also made it parve with rice dream or soy milk.
Ingredients • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder • 3/4 cup white sugar • 1 pinch salt • 1/3 cup boiling water • 3 1/2 cups milk • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract • 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
Directions 1. Combine the cocoa, sugar and pinch of salt in a saucepan. Blend in the boiling water. Bring this mixture to an easy boil while you stir. Simmer and stir for about 2 minutes. Watch that it doesn’t scorch. Stir in 3 1/2 cups of milk and heat until very hot, but do not boil! Remove from heat and add vanilla. Divide between 4 mugs. Add the cream to the mugs of cocoa to cool it to drinking temperature.
Hot Cocoa Recipe #4:
Hey Marlene, I found this great fluffy hot chocolate recipe online today it came out delicious! Esther Mosseri
makes 2 servings:
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp and 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsps cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
combine milk, sugar, cocoa and marshmallows in small pot over medium heat for about 8 min until marshmallows melt, stirring, after the marshmallows melt, take it off the fire and add the vanilla. Ladle into mugs, and enjoy!