Super Bowl Sunday is just around the corner! As a party planner I would generally be talking about table settings with a twist football.. or some fabulous take on Super Bowl. But let’s be honest ladies, our boyfriends, husbands, brothers, etc.., aren’t about to gather ’round the table and have a civilized meal on super bowl Sunday. You’re more likely to find them slightly possessed and consumed with their flat screens. With that being said, I think Super Bowl Sunday calls for good times, informality, and best of all- comfort food.
Which brings me to this…
I hope you all enjoy this chili recipe. It’s one of my husbands favorite dishes and pairs best with rice, pasta, tortilla chips, hamburger buns, or eat it as is!
What you will need for this Kosher Recipe
- 2 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 Onion, diced
- 3 – 8 Ounce cans of Hunts Tomato Sauce
- 1 – 8 Ounce Jar of Salsa
- 2 Cans Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 4 Tablespoons Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 Cup Beer
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic powder
Directions for this Kosher Recipe
1. Saute the onion with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium / high heat in a large pot until translucent, or for 5 minutes.
2. Add the meat until browned
3. Add All of the remaining ingredients, mix, and lower heat to a simmer.
4. Let the chili simmer for about 1 hour and 15 minutes uncovered. Stir occasionally.
So stay in this Sunday, watch your favorite team playing in chilling weather while you’re in the comfort of your home, and enjoy a bowl of Super Bowl Chili!
Lillian Antar Shomer
Event Design & Planning
Phone: (917) 621-5985
Related Kosher Recipes
- Healthy Kosher Chips and Dips for Super Bowl Sunday (thejewishhostess.com)