The following recipes are from The Vegetarian Shabbat Cookbook—
Broccoli is so healthy, that any way you eat it is good. Prepare this loaf for a winter
Shabbat and bake potatoes and squash with it, but make enough for the next day because
And serve it with the curried roasted potato salad, followed with spice cake.
Heat oven 375º
- 3 cups of broccoli ﬂorets, steamed and pureed in food processor
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup chopped onions or scallion
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup vegan cheddar cheese
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon of seasoning
- sprinkle top with paprika
- Optional: pinch of nutmeg on top.
Oil small loaf pan. Mix all ingredients together. Bake 40 minutes or until top browns, and there you are. Could anything be easier?
Note: Nutritional yeast is light and ﬂaky, rich in Vitamin B12, and adds a cheese ﬂavor—
can be used in place of Parmesan cheese.
- Easy Napolean-This Week’s Shabbat Dessert (thejewishhostess.com)
- Healthy Shabbat Blueberry Crumble (thejewishhostess.com)