“Hey Marlene, I cooked up a batch of these for a sheva berachot in my house!they were a big hit. I thought you might like the photo and recipe! They’re super easy to prepare, freeze well uncooked,and are a fun addition to any type of Jewish holiday menu including Passover, Rosh Hashanah, Sukkot, Thanksgiving and Hanuka! Enjoy!” Debbie Gindi
Ground Lamb on Cinnamon Stick
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1/4 c tart cherry juice or pomegranate juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamon
- 1/2 shredded or finely chopped medium onion
- 1/4 c toasted pine nuts
- 18 cinnamon sticks
Directions for this Kosher Recipe:
Combine all ingredients in a large non reactive bowl. Form into round ball shape. Firmly insert one cinnamon stick through it. Arrange on tray standing upright(At this point they may be frozen on a tray)cook in preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. May be served with apricot wasabi dipping sauce.
Apricot Wasabi Sauce:
- 1/2 c apricot preserve
- 3 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TBSP wasabi sauce (such as “golds”) or Passover wasabi sauce.
Combine all ingredients together. Delicious as a dip for chicken beef and lamb.
Subscribe Now: and win the cookbook of the month!
- Yeshivah Bakers Jewish Holiday Cupcake Wars, 2011- Re-Cap! (thejewishhostess.com)
- The Hanukka Hostess Shops Ikea and West Elm for a Hanukka Blue Table Setting! (thejewishhostess.com)
- The Jewish Hostess Post Purim 2011 Party ReCap (thejewishhostess.com)
- Chicken Lettuce Cups from “Cooking for a Cause” Kosher Cookbook (thejewishhostess.com)