Ever since Adele Yedid sent in her delicious and nutritious recipe for kale chips, I’ve been on the lookout for more variations of kale recipes, especially kale salad recipes. Caesar salad with regular romaine lettuce is a staple in our home and I can never make enough of it. This Kale Caesar Salad has bonus vitamins and nutrition and the family wont even notice that you are trying to sneak it in! You can buy home baked, fresh whole grain bread to make your healthy croutons in Pomegranate Supermarket on Coney Island Avenue in Brooklyn.
Directions for Kale Salad:
- Puree 1/3 cup olive oil, 1 garlic clove, 2 anchovy fillets, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to taste in a blender.
- Toss 1 1/2 cups whole wheat bread cubes with 1 tablespoon of the dressing; broil on a baking sheet until toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Toss 1 1/4 pounds chopped kale with the remaining dressing;
- broil kale with dressing on another baking sheet, stirring, until crisp, 5 to 8 minutes. Put the kale and croutons in a bowl and top with lemon juice, grated parmesan and a chopped hard-boiled egg.
- note – According to Sephardic Jewish Kashrut laws- you cannot mix fish with cheese- so you can use Worcestershire substitute or you can omit the cheese.
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Food stylist: Jamie Kimm Prop Stylist: Marina Malchin
Recipe from http://www.foodnetwork.com