There is perhaps no more traditionally Jewish night than Seder night, and there is no reason that your Seder table has to be as stale as the Matzah you are serving!
These modern takes on the traditional Seder plate will add that Dash Of Panache to your traditional Seder.
Here are our picks for best modern Seder plates of 2011:
1.Elegant Ceramic Seder plate engraved by hand, this Bernardaud “Louvre Judaica” Seder Plate is the perfect Passover gift for your favorite Jewish Hostess. At Bloomingdales $220.
2. This contemporary sterling silver seder plate is a stunning piece. Famed designer LellaVignelli brings her strong architectural vision to a limited collection of Judaica commissioned by The Jewish Museum. Of course its my favorite one and at $1875.00 its the most expensive!!!
3. This Spode designed seder plate is based on historic Judaic manuscripts from the 1880′s, influenced by early ceramic tile motifs,and features the traditional Judaic colors of blue and white. $103.00 available HERE.
4. A celebration of spring’s arrival, this handcrafted seder plate by American artist Melanie Dankowitz is lasercut from stainless steel. This is my second choice for prettiest seder plate, much more affordable at $254, HERE.
5. Laura Cowan makes a line of Judaica that is space-age minimalist. We love it. This seder plate design is inspired by the craters on the moon’s surface and is crafted out of polished aluminum. $199.00 available HERE.
7. Designer Jonathan Adler brings us this modern seder plate for Passover. The seder plate is crafted in glazed porcelain with real gold accents and is sure to be smashing on your holiday table. $150.00 available HERE.
8. Designer Michael Aram created this seder plate inspired by the form of pomegranates, a symbol of eternity, fertility, and plenty. It is an age old image which crosses cultures and transcends time and one of the seven species of Israel. Weaving modern thought with tradition, Aram included seven spaces rather than six, so the seder plate can hold both the six symbolic seder foods and an orange, which honors the contributions of women. $225.00 Available HERE.