This Passover mandel bread recipe is so good that even if you have leftovers, you will want to serve them for Mother’s Day. Perfect to serve after the Seder, or treat yourself to dunk into coffee for breakfast on Passover!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 lb. margarine
- 6 eggs
- 2 2/3 cups of matzo cake meal
- 1/2 ts[ salt
- 3/4 cups of potato starch
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon mixed with 2 tsp sugar
- Cream sugar and margarine.
- Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition.
- Sift together cake meal, salt and potato starch.
- Fold dry into creamed mixture.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts. Mix well.
- Form into 2 loaves about 2 inches wide.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar,
- Bake on a greased sheet in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Slice while warm into 1/2 inch slices and re-toast in oven at 300 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Chocolate and Coconut Dipped Matzah Dessert for Passover (thejewishhostess.com)
- Passover Rasberry or Strawberry Tart (thejewishhostess.com)
- Debbie’s Not “JUST” Passover Cookies! (thejewishhostess.com)