- 1/3 Cup Creamy Almond Butter
- 1/3 Brown Rice Syrup (or Maple Syrup)
- 1 tsp. Real Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups Crisped Brown Rice from the health food store
- 7 oz. Good Quality, Dark Chocolate ( I used bittersweet Scharfenberger chocolate- it’s more expensive but you can really taste the difference)
- 1 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter or Earth Balance margarine
1. Using a double boiler, set a glass bowl over a small pot of simmering water, making sure that the bowl is not touching the water. Put the almond butter, brown rice syrup and vanilla extract in the bowl and stir until everything is evenly mixed. Pour brown crisped rice into the pot with the syrup. Mix with a spoon.
2. Spray the bottom and sides of a 8×8 glass pan with a light coat of desired neutral tasting oil (coconut, canola, grapeseed etc.). Pour the rice mix in and push it down with the back of a spoon.
4. Add the pieces of chocolate to melt slowly in a clean double boiler, stirring occasionally. When the chocolate is melted, add the butter or Earth Balance margarine and stir. Pour the chocolate on top of the rice crisps and quickly spread it across the top with an offset spatula or back of a spoon in an even layer. Refrigerate for at least a half hour to set and cut them in to squares with a sharp knife. Keep stored in the fridge and try to eat them within two days or freeze in an airtight container.
Don’t miss a single recipe or table setting idea! Subscribe and CLICK HERE!
adapted from the Sprouted Kitchen