Meet Naomi Nachman, kosher chef and founder of the Kosher Culinary Institute in the JCC of the Five towns, where she teaches cooking not only in her home base of Woodmere , N.Y.,but all over the tri-state area and neighboring communities. Thank you Naomi for sending in this delicious fillet of sole recipe. So easy, and practically fat free!
P.S.Fillet of sole can easily be substituted with flounder, tilapia, or salmon.
Fillet of Sole with Tomatoes and Curry:
Ingredients for this kosher recipe:
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 8 portions fish (about 2 sides) filleted
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 gloves garlic, minced or 4 cubes from Gefen frozen package
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro or 6 cubes from Sabra frozen package
- 1 Plum tomato diced
- 1-cup tomato sauce
- Kosher salt to taste
- Heat pan for a minute and the add oil.
- Add onion and sauté until soft.
- Add curry powder and cook for minute while stirring.
- Place fish fillets on top of mixture.
- Cook for a few minutes and turn to coat other side and cook for another 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix cayenne pepper, garlic, cilantro, tomato, tomato sauce, and salt.
- Pour over fish in sauté pan.
- Add enough water to cover fish.
- Cook for another 10 minutes until fish is cooked through.
- Low- Fat Fresh Salmon Burgers (thejewishhostess.com)