This recipe was such a hit that I decided to re-post it. Zaatar is a tangy, addictive spice that is actually a mixture of dried herbs, sesame seeds, sumac, and salt. It is a centuries-old mixture dating back to at least the 13th century. Exactly what those herbs are, and how all those ingredients are proportioned vary from culture to culture and family to family. If you would like to create your own memorable zaatar recipe, you can start HERE, and give or take a little until you create your own personal zaatar potpourri.
Great last minute yummy pizza!
Kids and adults love it- great for parties! Perfect for your Purim Seuda!!
- Mazor’s Pizza Dough- these come ready made- I buy whole wheat mini pizza doughs at Kosher Corner.
- Zaatar spice
- olive oil
- shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
- delete the cheese, or use cheese substitute and it becomes dairy-free and vegan!
- place pizza doughs on Pam sprayed parchment paper on a cookie sheet
- mix zaatar with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, salt, pepper and sesame seeds (to taste) in a small bowl
- spoon mixture on top of each pizza dough
- sprinkle cheese on top of each one
- bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes
- Homemade Hummus With Sumac (thejewishhostess.com)
- Baba Ghanooj Trio Dip for the Super Bowl (thejewishhostess.com)