Photo permission of Bridget Ben Dayan
“Hi -I really enjoy your website and I have a delicious and easy recipe for a new twist on medias (stuffed artichoke). When I’m in a health conscience mood i bake, other times I sauté. They are really delicious and deceiving, they look like meat every time I make it, I’m asked for the recipe.” Bridget Ben-Dayan
Ingredients for this Kosher Recipe:
- 1 medium eggplant – peeled & chopped
- 1 box of baby bella mushrooms – chopped
- 1/3 c. flavored breadcrumbs
- olive oil to saute
- salt to taste
- 1 pkg frozen artichoke hearts (10-12 pcs)
- 3 cups of boiling water
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c. flavored breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place frozen artichoke bottoms in a bowl and cover with boiling water,
- Add lemon juice to the water. Leave the artichokes in water until tender.
- Saute chopped eggplant in saucepan
- When almost soft add in chopped mushrooms and continue to saute until soft.
- Puree mixture with hand held mixer, add in breadcrumbs and salt to taste.
- Spoon mixture into the artichoke bottoms. (If you find that your mixture is too loose, add more breadcrumbs.)
- Fill a small bowl with approx 1/4 c of breadcrumbs. Dip filled artichoke, mixture side down into the bowl with breadcrumbs. Then place artichoke, mixture side down onto greased tray, use oil not spray to insure the desired texture to the top of the artichoke. Repeat for all of the artichokes, then bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
Send in your favorite easy, healthy recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every submission will be entered to win any Susie Fishbein cookbook!
WIN A FREE COOKBOOK! CLICK HERE
Click HERE to Subscribe Now: and win the cookbook of the month, free weekly recipes and discounts to you favorite shops!
The Kosher Baker: Over 160 Dairy-free Recipes from Traditional to Trendy: