Since so many of you sent in such gorgeous seder table pics for our Passover Seder Table Contest, (CLICK HERE ), I decided see what all of my Jewish Hostesses have up their sleeves for Shavuot. Whether you dig up some tabletop surprises in Target and Home Goods, or use your finest delicate china dinner plates, I REALLY WANT TO SEE YOUR SHAVUOT TABLES!! Just be creative and have fun! Its my goal for us all to be able to take a peek into each other’s dining rooms to gain inspiration and learn from each other’s individual talents!!!.
On a similar note, I’d like to bring up the concept of “Hiddur Mitzvah”. Simply put, when we are faced with a simple mitzvah of putting out a holiday table for our family, one in which many berachot are said, and in which holiday memories will be embedded in our children’s minds for years to come, the concept of beautifying that mitzvah is a huge one. You’ve probably made the good deed of “Hiddur Mitzvah” without even realizing it. Beautiful sterling kiddush cups, stunning menorahs and shabbat candles are a prime example.
Lets beautify our tables this Shavuot and share in our individuality- send in your Shavuot table pics to marlene(AT)thejewishhostess.com (use an @).
First Prize: will receive an amazing $200 gift certificate to: Parci Parla Home Accessories
Parci Parla: Home Accessories, Table Top, Kim Seybert, Exclusive Ralph Lauren Tabletop, Exclusive Allesi Tabletop, Decorative Pillows and Vases, Trays, Personalized decorating service for your home.
1-4904 13th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11219 (718) 686 – 6858
2-508 Kings Hwy # 10,Brooklyn, NY 11223
Second Prize: $75 to Josh and Co. Florist.
1965 McDonald Avenue Between Kings Highway and Quentin Road. Call (917)-520 6446
Third Prize: $50 to Josh and Co. Florist
I love this photo decorated by Irene Kassin and Rachel Benun of Parci Parla at
DECOR BY THE SHORE in Deal, NJ.:
- Crispy Homemade Apple Chips (thejewishhostess.com)
- How to Make Summery Napkins and Coasters for Your Shavuot Table (thejewishhostess.com)
- Why Don’t We Take This Outside? (thejewishhostess.com)
- Your Fruit Plate- How to Slice a Mango (thejewishhostess.com)
- Making Knaffe Shredded Wheat Dairy Dessert With Grandma Abadi (thejewishhostess.com)
- A Shavuot Blintz Souffle and a Chance to Win Sammy Spider’s First Shavuot (thejewishhostess.com)
- Need Help with Shavuot Cooking? Call These Top Kosher Bakers and Cooks! (thejewishhostess.com)