Thank you Albert for sharing your secret recipe for Sea Bass with us!!!
Mention The Jewish Hostess and get 10% off of your meal at Down to Earth Kosher Restaurant in Allenhurst, New Jersey!
Mention this offer BEFORE the “nine” days!!
Tell Albert Marlene sent you!
SEA BASS PAPILLOTE
Papillote is French for a method of cooking in which the food is put into a folded pouch of parcel (parchment paper) and then baked. The fish becomes infused with the flavors of tomato, capers, garlic, lemon and herbs. I especially like this technique for cooking sea bass due to the buttery flavor this fish has in itself allowing you to use all the natural flavors of this fish and other ingredients.
Also my choice of the perfect sides for this dish would be fresh mashed potatoes, and fire grilled vegetables marinated in fresh garlic sea salt and pepper .
- 4 – 6 ounce fillets sea bass ( not to thick about 1.2 inch thick)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large lemon sliced thinly (will need 8 slices 2 per fillet)
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 12 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 ½ tablespoons drained capers
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Line parchment paper with 1 tsp olive oil.
- Pat fish dry with paper towel. Sprinkle both sides of fillet with sea salt and pepper. Arrange each fillet, skin side down in parchment paper on a baking sheet place 2 slices of lemon under fillet. Place two sprigs of thyme on top of each fillet.
- With remaining olive oil sauté garlic until golden color, add olives, chopped basil, salt and peppers sauté for about 1 minute then add tomatoes continue sautéing for about 1 minute till tomatoes are tender and just start to release its liquids. Finally stir in capers.
- Divide tomato mixture by 4 , spoon over each fillet. Close up parchment tenting it over fish crimp edges to together to keep a tight seal.
- Bake for about 12 – 15 minutes
- Remove with a spatula removing sprigs of thyme and replacing lemon slices on top of fillet then spooning tomatoes and juices on top.
312 MAIN STREET
ALLENHURST, NEW JERSEY 07711
Web page : www.Down2EarthNJ.com
Face Book : www.facebook.com/albertbijou