No brunch is complete without a yogurt and granola parfait. There are so many different fruit and yogurt combinations and endless ways to serve it. You can make individual glasses in advance by layering the yogurt, granola and berries on top. Or, you serve everything separately and let your guests assemble their own. Either way you can make something simple into something spectacular!
Did you know that Greek yogurt has twice the protein content of regular yogurt? It also has much less lactose content. Greek yogurt is thicker and creamier because the liquid whey is strained out. All yogurts are excellent sources of calcium, potassium, protein, zinc, and vitamins B6 and B12.
You can really use anything. Arrange fruit and yogurt options separately. Greek Yogurt comes in lots of flavors and is now very easily found in any grocery store (Chobani or Oikos Brands).
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 Cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped slivered almonds (you can mix in walnuts and pecans)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix wet ingredients in a large bowl. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spread mixture on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 2o minutes, mix, and continue baking until golden.
- Let cool. Can be frozen at this point.
by Laura Cohen