This is a gorgeous dessert for holidays or even after a special weeknight dinner. I wouldn’t have believed how easy it was if I didn’t watch this video.
- Core and slice pineapple so that each slice has a hole.
- Spray grill pan with butter flavor Pam and heat till a drop of water sizzles in top of grill pan.
- Grill slices on both sides for several minutes till grill marks appear.
Make butter rum sauce:
- 2 tsp unsalted butter melted in a pan
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- stir in 1/4 cup rum
- stir all ingredients on low heat till smooth
- pour over ice cream that has been scooped on top of each pineapple slice.
- If you are reading this post from a Blackberry , get on over to a computer and watch the video before the ice cream melts!
For ice cream that’s Vegan , kosher , organic , dairy free , gluten free , wheat free and yeast free, try Luna and Larry’s organic Almond Fudge or Coconut Ice cream at Omni Health on Avenue U in Brooklyn. Check out their WEBSITE for healthy ingredients, vitamins, supplements, wheat and gluten free products, as well as organic groceries and produce.