Here’s a quick and easy way to keep that barbeque going- even during the nine days of Ab!
This easy grilled tilapia recipe was especially simple because the salsa and marinade ingredients are staples in my fridge. By 4 o’clock the fresh fish was delivered to my home from I and D Glatt in Brooklyn, and I was able to have the first batch of grilled fish ready for the little ones that come off the camp bus at 4:20.
(Of course the day NEVER ends, being that color war broke out today, and right after dinner we were off to buy BLUE TEAM face paint from Michael’s Crafts…by the way- if you decide to shop there any time soon, make sure you print out your 20% off coupon!- I was the only one in the store that didn’t have one!!!! )
Enjoy this delicious recipe! Even the picky eaters loved it!!! Marlene
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 squeezes of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- zaatar spice
- ground black pepper
- 2 lbs tilapia, or lemon sole fillets.
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- Kernels from one whole corn
- 1 cubed avocado (add at the last minute with lemon)
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (check out the video above- How to seed a chili pepper)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, parsley, garlic, basil, 1 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl and pour into a bowl. Zest one lemon, add the zest ,and then squeeze the juice from the lemon into the bowl. Add the tilapia fillets, coat with the marinade and let rest until salsa is chopped.
- Prepare the mango salsa by combining the mango, red bell pepper, red onion, parsley, and jalapeno pepper in a bowl. Add the lime juice, lemon juice and toss.Season to taste with salt and pepper, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and light spray grill pan.
- Remove the tilapia from the marinade and discard marinade. Grill the fillets until the fish is no longer translucent in the center, and flakes easily with a fork, 3 to 4 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fillets. Serve the tilapia topped with mango salsa.
Adapted from http://allrecipes.com