This recipe is adapted from Bitayavon- the fabulous new kosher recipe and food magazine . Check it out!!!
The original recipe called for apples but I had tons of ripe peaches that I needed to use up….
I also doubled the Bitayavon recipe for a large Shabbat crowd.
- 10 ripe peaches, you can add 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Mix the above ingredients with cubed peaches in a bowl.
- Bake in a baking dish till soft and bubbly.
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 cups of oats
- 6 tbspoons of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of safflower oil
- 6 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup or more to taste.
- Mix above ingredients except for honey or maple syrup and press into a baking dish.
- Bake 15-20 minutes till firm.
- Drizzle honey or maple syrup over hot granola crunch.
- Serve peaches in individual pretty bowls with granola sprinkled on top.
This is an easy and very healthy, gourmet looking dessert. Try it and let me know if your family liked it as much as mine did!!!
Thank you Bitayavon for the great recipes!!!!
Keep them coming!!!
Did you enter our Shabbat Table Setting Contest yet????
- Greek Yogurt and Granola Layered Parfaits (thejewishhostess.com)