I found this great kosher recipe for kids on Gourmet Kosher Cooking. Can’t wait to feed the little ones and enjoy a romantic night out!
Ingredients for this Kosher Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless,(organic) chicken cutlets cut into strips
- 1 ounce (about 15) Flavored Onion Rings snacks from the package .(you can find healthier kosher versions of the traditional “Wise” brand bagged onion rings in your favorite Health Food store.
- ½ ounce (about 7 chips) potato chips (pareve)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 dashes garlic powder, or to taste
- 2 dashes salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg or 1/8 cup egg substitute
- Chicken skewers (if wooden, soak for 30 minutes in water)
Directions for this Kosher Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Carefully slide each chicken strip lengthwise onto a skewer. Set aside.
- In a large sealable plastic bag, combine the onion rings, potato chips, and all the seasonings. If you like, add extra seasonings to taste. Seal the bag and crush contents until reduced to a coarse breadcrumb-like consistency. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Prepare a large baking sheet by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray. Whisk egg into a small bowl. Take a chicken skewer and dunk it in the egg, evenly coating the chicken. Gently shake off the excess liquid and then lay chicken skewer in the seasoned crumbs. Rotate the skewer pressing it into the crumbs to evenly coat the entire piece. Place the chicken on the baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the chicken skewers.
- Bake in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes, carefully flipping skewers about halfway through cooking, until chicken is cooked through and coating is crispy. Cool for a few minutes. Eat plain or with duck sauce for dipping.