Please “LIKE” my SHABBAT TABLE!
First of all, I would like to thank all of my Jewish Hostesses for sending in their beautiful summery Shabbat table pics for our “Summery Shabbat Table Contest”.
I also knew that if I didn’t post my own Summery Shabbat table pics pretty soon then I would probably get officially fired as “The Jewish Hostess” by all of my wonderful readers, so here goes:
I decided to see if I could mix all of the purple, lavender and blue tabletop items in my house,and see if I could whip up a “Summery Shabbat” table for my family to enjoy.
On Tuesday I was lucky enough to receive a gorgeous bouquet of hydrangeas and roses from a friend(by Sheila Bibi Fine Flowers). The flowers were still so pretty and alive by Friday morning, I decided to separate them and divide them up into short blue juice glasses that I’ve had forever.
I placed them on gold leaf trays that I bought last summer from One Kings Lane.The blue flower candle holders are also from One Kings Lane.
I always find great table top treasures from that site when I don’t have time to shop around in the stores. I placed tea lights in blue glass votive that I found in Pier One imports about 10 years ago.
Atop the mauve laquered dining room table( that one belonged to my parents), I placed three cool tablecloths that were also purchased from One Kings Lane.
(They were originally labeled as towels, so I bought them thinking they were cool as kitchen towels. When they came in HUGE I decided to use them as tablecloths instead of returning them.)
In the center of the table below I placed some flowers atop a gold sprayed mosaic tray that my daughter made in summer camp a couple of years ago.
Note the artwork by Irene Mamiye in the background above.
My homemade napkin rings top off each plain white Pottery Barn Caterer’s plate below.
Purple glass goblets and place mats (above) purchased last summer.
Shabbat Challah cover below purchased in Israel made by children with special needs.
Crate and Barrel buffet platters below:
Colorful glass shot glasses by Surrey Lane in Deal, N.J.
Phew!!!! All done! Shabbat Shalom!!!
DONT MISS A SINGLE GORGEOUS HOLIDAY TABLE SETTING!! SUBSCRIBE HERE FOR A WEEKLY UPDATE!!!!
- A Summery Shabbat Shalom from Linda and Emile Haddad (thejewishhostess.com)
- Two Glamourous Shabbat Table Settings from Brooklyn, N.Y. (thejewishhostess.com)
- Table Setting Showcase Event: An Ocean Blue Shabbat Table by Eva Ben Dayan (thejewishhostess.com)
- Mother of Pearl and Coral Themed Shabbat Table Setting (thejewishhostess.com)
- Hot Pink and Turquoise Shabbat Table Inspiration (thejewishhostess.com)
- A Holiday Table That Connects Holocaust Survival To The Beauty of Shavuot (thejewishhostess.com)
- Turquoise On Your Table (thejewishhostess.com)
- Two Magnificent Holiday Table Settings by Karen Tawil (thejewishhostess.com)
- Announcing a Summery Shabbat Table Contest! (thejewishhostess.com)
- Whole Wheat Peach Crisp with Granola Crunch Topping (thejewishhostess.com)