Though not all of his recipes are kosher, you can get some great entertaining inspiration for about $11. Great ideas for sticks include using sugarcane, rosemary,
popsicle and bamboo sticks to skewer your gourmet chunks.
Pick on Us has a great selection of wooden sticks!
Bio and Chic is another cool resource for eco-friendly skewers and entertaining!
Panzanella on a Stick:
For Salad Sticks
- 12 cocktail picks
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 24 (1-inch) cubes
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 24 small fresh mozzarella balls (ciliegine)
- 24 basil leaves
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into 1-inch pieces, then quartered
For Sherry Vinaigrette:
- ¼ c. sherry vinegar
- ¾ c. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ shallot, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp. stone-ground mustard
- Pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Toss bread with oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Spread pieces in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake 10 minutes, turning halfway through.
3. To make the vinaigrette, whisk all dressing ingredients in a small bowl until fully incorporated. Season with salt as needed.
4. Thread 2 pieces of bread, 2 tomatoes, 2 pieces of cucumber, 2 mozzarella balls, and 2 basil leaves onto each cocktail pick. Just before serving, drizzle liberally with vinaigrette.
recipe via Daily Candy
- Italian Panzanella Salad by Lisa Bailey (thejewishhostess.com)