You don’t know how lucky you are to be getting one of Claudia Bildiricci’s secret decadent recipes for chocolate dipped strawberries.Claudia made these strawberries for my daughter’s bridal shower, and I thought that they would be a great symbol for a ” clean slate” Rosh Hashanah dessert because of the white chocolate that encases these gorgeous long stem strawberries. Due to kashrut reasons we took off the stems, but you are welcome to ask your local rabbi for permission to leave them on!
If you do decide to make these chocolate dipped strawberries, please take a pic and send it to me! (marlene (at) thejewishhostess )
Wishing you a healthy and Happy New Year! Marlene
- Take 12 stem strawberries or a pint of regular strawberries. there is nothing like the long stem for dipping! Great to have a stem to hold when eating.
- Very important that you wash and DRY the strawberry well or the moisture will make the chocolate separate from the berry
10 Steps for Making Chocolate Dipped Strawberries:
By Claudia Bildirici:
- Melt one bag of chocolate chips in the microwave for one minute on high.
- Mix well adding a capful of oil to thin the chocolate.
- Keep mixing till the chocolate is completely melted. You do not want to keep heating in the microwave for too long or the chocolate will turn white when cooled. If needed place back in micro for 20 seconds.
- You can also melt chocolate on a double boiler. Just take a large pot with water 1/4 way up.
- Place a bowl on top filled with chocolate and keep mixing on medium heat.
- Place melted chocolate in a shallow bowl holding the berry by the stem
- Dip one side then the other forming a V of chocolate on the strawberry.
- This can be a nice time to add shredded coconut or chopped toasted nuts or even a drizzle of white chocolate (put chocolate into a ziploc bag and poke a TINY hole into the corner, drizzle across the whole tray of strawberries back and forth for a wispy beautiful swirly look) is always a hit!
- Place berry onto slipat mat or wax paper to dry.
- They will only last a few hours so try to do this as close to serving as possible!
- Love, Claudia
- Great Tips On How To Melt Chocolate (drexeliuschocolates.com)
- Yeshivah Bakers Jewish Holiday Cupcake Wars, 2011- Re-Cap! (thejewishhostess.com)