My sister Frieda is a gourmet cook and its a treat to be able to share one of her holiday recipes:
The Day Before:
Marinate a brick roast in:
- olive oil
- fresh crushed garlic
- salt, pepper
- fresh thyme
The Next Day:
- Place brick roast on low flame on the barbeque
- Turn every 10 minutes so roast doesn’t burn.
- Leave on barbeque for about an hour .
- Take off BBQ and let cool.
- Slice rare.
- saute shallots
- add fresh crushed garlic
- add sliced mushrooms
- add salt, pepper,
- add chicken stock
- add water
- add leftover dry red wine from the fridge.
- cook for half hour till reduced to a gravy .
- Strain and remove solids.
- Place rare sliced roast in a roaster and pour gravy on top.
- Cook another hour and a half.
- Saute mushrooms in garlic and serve on top of roast.