This year, I sent all of my Jewish Holiday Hostess Gifts from Negev Nectars. Negev Nectars helps subsidize Israeli farmers by promoting their delicious olive oils, jams, chutneys, Israeli tea, Sweet and Savory Spreads, and more. Packaged beautifully, there are several price ranges for every type of holiday gift that you’d like to send. My family especially loved the Cherry Tomato Spread, the Yellow pepper and Lemon Salsa, and the Green Olive Tapenade. Try them all!!!! Marlene
Two Honey (from Negev Nectars) Challah Recipe
(challah recipe for 3 small loaves)
Negev Nectars Honey
- 2 packs of yeast
- 2 cups of warm water
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup Negev Nectars Eucalyptus Flower Honey
- ½ cup Negev Nectars Wild Flowers Honey
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 cup light vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 7 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup mixed seeds: poppy, sesame, nigella, cumin seeds
How to Make This Honey Challah Recipe from Negev Nectars Honey:
- Pour the yeast into the warm water, and let soak for 10 minutes, until yeast is active.
- Add sugar, Eucalyptus Honey, salt and vegetable oil to yeast.
- Add 3 beaten eggs and 4 cups all purpose flour. Stir until smooth.
- Add 3 more cups of all purpose flour and 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Stir until dough is soft.
- Turn onto well-floured board/table. Knead until smooth (about 10 minutes). Put the dough into a greased bowl and allow rising for 1-2 hours.
- Turn onto floured board again. Cut into 9 equal portions.
- Braid into 3 loaves. Place on greased pans.
- Glaze with remaining beaten egg, Wild Flower Honey, and seed mixture.
- Allow to rise for 1 hour.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
Negev Nectars gourmet kosher products hail from small-scale Israeli
farmers producing artisanal foods from a unique desert landscape.
All of our partners employ the most innovative and sustainable
agriculture techniques, bringing you foods and flavors otherwise
unavailable in the United States.
We spend our time continuing to search for the newest tastes of the
Negev with the mission to invest in expanding the growing capacity
of these small businesses, all the while supporting sustainable
agriculture in the process. For more information on our products and
partners, visit our website at www.negevnectars.com.
Negev Nectars foods are certified kosher.
- Whole Wheat Honey Challah- Plus a 6 Braid Challah How-to Video (thejewishhostess.com)
- The Prettiest Sukkah Decor Ever! A Breathtaking View of Jerusalem, Israel!! (thejewishhostess.com)