This easy, jeweled vegetarian rice dish is a no-fail-no-brainer dish perfect for Thanksgiving or any Jewish holiday menu. If you are having a big Shabbat lunch, its so easy to make the day before, warm and combine nuts and fruit right before serving. The autumn colors in the dried fruits and nuts will make it especially pretty on your Thanksgiving table. This easy delicious recipe was given to me by a very modest gourmet cook! Enjoy and please let me know how it comes out!!! Don’t forget to buy a Jewish hostess apron for your favorite Thanksgiving hostess!!!! Marlene
Wild and Brown Rice With Candied Tropical Fruit
- Wild and/or brown rice
-3 tbsp. Earth balance
- You can choose from any of these fruits: dried figs, dried pineapples, dried papaya, dried cranberries, and dates
- You can choose from any of these nuts: honey roasted nuts peanuts, almonds, walnuts, cashews etc.
- Cook rice according to the directions on the bag.
- Cut all the dried fruit into same size cubes.
- Melt Earth Balance in a pan
- Caramelize the dried fruit till sticky and shiny.
- Caramelize the honey roasted nuts till they get sticky.
- Mix the fruit and nuts with the rice and serve, or place rice in a bundt pan mold and when cool unmold and place nuts and fruit in the center for a beautiful presentation.
- Healthy Brown Rice Sauteed with Spinach and Mushrooms (thejewishhostess.com)