Syrian Style Hameen Cholent by Judy Shacalo
- Chop 3 large onions (4 if medium size) and cut into chunks.
- Saute onions until brown.
- Add 1 package of flanken meat with the bone marrow bones.
- Saute until brown, then cover with water and let boil for one hour.
- In the meantime take one cup of cholent mix beans, cover with water and boil for 20 minutes. Drain beans.
- When meat has cooked for one hour, place at bottom of crock pot; put beans on top of meat.
- Wash and peel a pack of fingerling potatoes and 2 medium size sweet potatos, place on top of beans.
- Spice with 2 tbsp of allspice, a dash of black pepper and 1 tblspoon of chicken consome.
- Place 6-8 raw eggs on top and cover with water.
- Let cook all night until Shabbat lunch and enjoy!
- Easy and Delicious Shabbat Chulent for a Cozy Winter’s Night (thejewishhostess.com)
- Shabbat Cornish Hens with Roasted Potatoes by Sarah Harari (thejewishhostess.com)