Thank you Esther Chrem of “Cupcake Wars” for sharing your Hanukah recipe for jelly filled cupcakes! Being a judge at cupcake wars I was gained about 10 pounds tasting all the cupcakes, and I kid you not! These Hanukka cupcake were delicious!!!! A secret Hanukkah tip from Esther- lightly fry each donut in a pan before serving!!!
Jelly Donut Cupcakes for Hanukka
Makes approximately 12 cupcakes.
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raspberry, strawberry, or grape jam
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C) and line a cupcake tin with paper liners. In a mixing cup, combine the soymilk, vinegar, and cornstarch and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt. Create a well in the center of the flour for the wet ingredients and mix gently.
Fill the liners 3/4 full with batter. Place a heaping spoonful of jam into the center of each cupcake, being careful not to overfill. The jam will sink into the bottom of the cupcake during baking.
Bake cupcakes for 21 to 23 minutes. Cool them completely on a wire rack, and then set uncovered overnight in a cool, dry place. This will make the tops slightly crispy, like a donut crust. Using a sifter, sprinkle the donuts with powdered sugar and serve with coffee.
Recipe courtesy of http://www.vegnews.com/
- Hanukka Table Ideas in Stunning Blues and Metallics for your Holiday Table (thejewishhostess.com)
- Baked Lower-Fat Soufganiyot-Hanukah Apricot Jelly Doughnuts (thejewishhostess.com)
- S’mores Brownie Bites for Hanuka! (thejewishhostess.com)
- Allegra’s Perfect Hanuka Sugar Cookie Dough Recipe (thejewishhostess.com)
- Yeshivah Bakers Jewish Holiday Cupcake Wars, 2011- Re-Cap! (thejewishhostess.com)
- Whipped Greek Yogurt Dip for Hanuka (thejewishhostess.com)