Thank you Hana- So happy to connect with Jewish Hostesses in LA!! Thanks for sending in you Tu Bishvat table! Your menu is so similar to our Syrian appetizers- its really a small world after all! Marlene M.
For Tu B’Shevat this year I prepared a table full of small plates that centered around fresh and dried fruits, nuts, olives and an assortment of Moroccan pastellim. A simple olive green table linen displayed an enormous bouquet of fragrant purple blossoms (I honestly don’t know what they’re called. The tag read “Costco stock bouquet”), The variety of colored fresh and dried fruit plates served as festive decoration and sweet snacks. For more from the menu and a link to a great citrus salad recipe visit lakosherkitchen.com . Hana Itzhaki.”
Photo via lakosherkitchen.com
Recipe for Citrus Salad with Mint Sugar
Recipe via Bon Appetit
Attention Hostesses- Grand Marnier listed below is not recommended as a kosher liquor as per the Star K website- does anyone have a good idea for a substitute?
- 7 each of grapefruits, navel oranges, tangerines, and clementines
- 2 lemons
- 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier (optional)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 8 kumquats, thinly sliced (optional)
Cut peel and white pith from all fruit except kumquats. Slice clementines crosswise into 1/4” slices. Cut between membranes of remaining peeled fruit to release segments. Mix fruits in a large bowl. Add Grand Marnier, if using; toss gently to incorporate. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
Combine sugar and mint in a small food processor. Pulse until mint is finely chopped. Transfer fruit to a large bowl, scatter kumquat slices over, if using, and sprinkle salad with 2 Tbsp. mint sugar. Serve remaining mint sugar alongside.
- 10 Cool Tu Bi’ Shvat Activities for Today’s Kids (thejewishhostess.com)
- 4 Gorgeous Fruit-Filled DIY Tu B’ishvat Centerpieces (thejewishhostess.com)
- Tu Bishvat Exotic Fruit and Flowers Centerpiece by Esther Sassoon In Israel (thejewishhostess.com)
- My 10 Minute Tu Bishvat Centerpiece- Easy and Beautiful by The Jewish Hostess (thejewishhostess.com)
- Tu B’ishvat Coconut Almond Date Truffles (thejewishhostess.com)