Its one thing to be a creative Jewish hostess, but its so amazing to me when talented Jewish women use their strengths to better the community and people in need.
I’m sure you remember Claudia Bildirici’s Bento Box Passover Seder Table, but did I tell you that she is one of the founders of the famous Lottie’s Kitchen in Israel? Learning from their mother’s gracious hospitality and giving nature, Claudia, her sisters Linda Dayan, Susan Menashe, and Nina Cohen helped found Lottie’s Kitchen in memory of their famous mom, Lottie Chalom a’h. Lottie was known for her great cooking and generous hospitality. What better way to memorialize Lottie Chalom than an organization that feeds the families of hospitalized patients in Israel? Read more about Lottie’s Kitchen HERE in The Jewish Press.
Every summer, Claudia and her sisters host the most magnificent Lottie’s Kitchen Day in Deal, N.J. Delicious kosher baked goods for sale, cooking demonstrations, kitchen gadgets for sale, and a delicious lunch that will really make your day one of the most enjoyable of the summer! You will know that I am not kidding when you see these pics from Lottie’s Kitchen 2009. This year, Lottie’s Kitchen will be held at Adele and Jeff Cohen’s home on Elberon Avenue in Deal, New Jersey on July 7, 2011. Save the date! More info to come!
Claudia- thanks for sending in pics of another one of your holiday tables! We want your recipes also!!!! Marlene
“Marlene, first I must thank Josh for the flowers! I added shells to the flowers, being summer has almost started. I made a healthy,light, and parve lunch.
- Seitan kebabs recipe from Candle Cafe
- Rice tofu wraps with peanut dipping sauce from Susie Fishbein (use tofu instead of chicken)
- Greek salad
I know you cannot post all pictures. so I guess pick the winning one! HAHA
Also please let your Jewish Hostess readers know that the new Trader Joes in NJ sells amazing pasta! Lemon pepper or basil garlic all OU parve!
They also carry fresh pizza dough whole wheat /pesto and reg for ……get this .99 !!!! Can u believe under a buck?!
Rice Tofu Wraps:
(Claudia-PLEASE invite me to your next holiday meal!!!)
Mushroom Asparagus Endive Salad:
Syrian Style Pickles:
(love the shells!!!)
A Perfect Lunch Buffet!!
Thanks for sharing, Claudia!!!
- A Holiday Table That Connects Holocaust Survival To The Beauty of Shavuot (thejewishhostess.com)
- Need Help with Shavuot Cooking? Call These Top Kosher Bakers and Cooks! (thejewishhostess.com)
- Shavuot Table Decor by the Sea – Emile and Linda Haddad (thejewishhostess.com)
- Shavuot Table Contest!! Win a $200 Gift Certificate to Parci Parla, and $100 to Josh and Co. Florist!!! (thejewishhostess.com)
- How To Dress Up Your Shavuot Table With Your Own Unique Style (thejewishhostess.com)