Looking for a great healthy recipe for tacos?
My sister Jeanette makes a great chicken taco recipe that her brood of hoodlums can down in a minute. (just joking- she has all boys B’H’ and when they come over all h— breaks loose!-Jeanette- I really do love your kids with all my heart!).
When I invited her to my Purim party I silently panicked. You know that inner fear you get when you are not sure if you are cooking enough food? So, when she offered to bring a dish, I felt relief. I just told her to bring something that all of her kids will love. And she did!
When I texted her that my Jewish Hostess readers requested her healthy tacos recipe as seen on my
“Ooh how exciting!!
- Ok: heat an 8inch skillet wth a teaspoon of oil.
- Add 1 pound of organic chicken chop meat continuously breaking with a fork, until no longer pink.
- add 1/2 cup water and the seasoning packet that comes in the Ortega box.
- Shred lettuce, fresh corn off the cob and place in a t0asted taco shell with chicken on bottom.
- Its delicious and so easy. I serve wth mazza friday night!-
P.S. Jeanette sells all top brands of activewear. Whether you are an exercise guru, or just need comfy cool leggings and tops to hang out in, Jeanette has it all. Even if you live in Australia, California, Florida, or Israel, (which many of The Jewish Hostess readers do) just contact Jeanette (a NY girl) and she will size you up and make you a custom order while still on the phone with you. Orders (and gifts) will be shipped the next day. Contact Jeanette at jeanette(at)stretchactivewear.com.
- The Jewish Hostess Post Purim 2011 Party ReCap (thejewishhostess.com)
- 10 Fresh and Fabulous Last Minute Ideas for Purim (thejewishhostess.com)
- Easy Shabbat Whole Chicken with Mushroom and Tam Tam Stuffing (thejewishhostess.com)
- Pre-Purim Food for Thought from The Jewish Hostess (kosherblogger.wordpress.com)
- Whole Wheat Meat Hammentashen Empanadas for Your Purim Menu (thejewishhostess.com)
- Wishing You A Purim Table Setting with Power and Panache! (thejewishhostess.com)