healthy body, kosher appetizer recipes, kosher main dish recipes, kosher passover recipes,seder table Ideas, kosher vegetable recipes, mothers day recipes, Passover Recipes
Carb-Free Low-fat Cauliflower Passover Pizza
Pizza recipe trends are constantly evolving, and this carb-free, low-fat Passover version from Emanuelle Lee of London is one that you will want to whip up all year round. If you are a Passover hostess that is trying to escape the post holiday waistline bulge, then this recipe is for you!
Check out Emanuelle’s blog at www.manusmenu.blogspot.com.
Carb-less #Passover Pizza
For the crust:
- 1 Cauliflower cut into small pieces (or equivalent amount pre-cut)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp grated cheese (preferably mozzarella)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Polenta mixture
For the sauce
- 1 clove of garlic (chopped)
- 1 can cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 2 Tsp sugar
- 1/2 chilli flakes
- Fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Low fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F.
- Blend the cauliflower in a food processor until it has become a grainy paste. Pour into a mixing bowl and mix in the garlic paste, olive oil, egg and grated cheese. Mix all the ingredients together. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cover a flat baking tray with parchment paper. Grease the paper with a little bit of olive oil. Sprinkle a pinch of polenta mixture on to the tray.
- Take about 3 heaps of cauliflower and flatten it out onto the tray with a spatula into the pizza shape of your choice.
- You should have enough 'dough' left over for 1 another medium sized pizza. Repeat sequence with the rest of the dough.
- Bake for 20-25 or until golden. With a large spatula, carefully turn the pizza crust over and bake the other side for 10 minutes.
- (You may put the crusts under the broiler for a few minutes to make them extra crispy but make sure they don't burn!)
- While the crusts are baking, make the sauce. In a pan, heat up a tablespoon of olive oil, add the chopped garlic, sauté until softened a little and add the can of tomatoes. Smash the pieces of tomato so the sauce is a little smoother. Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Once the pizza 'dough' is golden and hard, smooth a large amount of the sauce on top and leave about a half inch space around the outside to make the crust. Top with (low fat) fresh mozzarella cheese and top with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add your favourite toppings. Bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle some basil leaves for decoration and enjoy! (guilt-free!)