This recipe was given to me by my nutritionist as a Passover alternative to having my morning bowl of hot oatmeal. Quinoa is a highly nutritious grain; It has a delicious flavor, and a light, fluffy texture. After the seders you will want a light option for breakfast.
1/2 cup dry quinoa, well rinsed
2 tablespoons raisins
1 cup chopped fresh apricots, or dried apricots
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine quinoa and rice milk in a medium saucepan. Bring to a slow simmer, then cover and cook for about 15 minutes until the quinoa is tender. Stir in raisins, apricots, and vanilla, and transfer about 1 & 1/2 cups to a blender and puree. Return pureed mixture to the pan and stir to mix. Serve warm or chilled.
Per 1/2 cup serving
Related articles by Zemanta
- Cashew Apricot Cookies (rawlivingfoods.typepad.com)
- What is Quinoa? (brainz.org)
- Dark Chocolate Fudge with Apricot (lighteningonline.com)
- Gobble Up Granola Snacks (chubbagurl.blogspot.com)
- Gluten Free Snack Bars (free-from.com)