My mother in law is the perfect source for a Passover recipe, as she is really the hostess with the mostess. She actually wrote up this recipe for all of my Jewish Hostesses so please let her know if you like it! (comment below!)
By the way, I’ve been reading that dates are very healthy for pregnant women, as they are very healthy for a fetus’s brain development. Please get more info HERE.
Please send in your delicious Passover recipes and Passover menu ideas to:
Passover Ingredients for Chewy Date Nut Bars:
- 1 cup of chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup matzo meal
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of margarine (if you would like to substitute the margarine- click and read this article)
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp grated orange rind
- Beat nuts with matzo meal, sugar, and margarine until crumbly and moist reserving 1/4 cup of mixture.
- Firmly put remainder into bottom of 9″ square pan making a solid base.
- Chop dates, beat with orange juice and orange peel until spreadable.
- Spread carefully over base.
- Sprinkle with reserved topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cool. Cut into squares.
- Easy and Yummy Passover Crepes (thejewishhostess.com)
- Debbie’s Not “JUST” Passover Cookies! (thejewishhostess.com)
- Passover Rasberry or Strawberry Tart (thejewishhostess.com)
- Claudia’s Passover Marshmallow-Nut Log (thejewishhostess.com)