Enjoy this gourmet kosher dessert recipe by one of my most favorite nieces, Shirley C.
Mamiye- ooooops! Shirley C. Dana!!!!
S’mores Tart or Bars- An Easy Dessert for all of the Jewish Holidays
by Shirley Dana
S’mores don’t have to end with the summer. Here is an amazing recipe for gooey, melt-in-your mouth s’mores bars that are truly appropriate all year round after any type of meal. I’ve made this recipe in a pyrex and cut the bars into squares after they cool. Last week, I even made it in a tart pan, and drizzled chocolate on top for a “fancy” s’mores tart. Enjoy this incredibly easy, irresistible dessert!
S’mores Bars or Tart:
- makes 24 bars (9”x13” in pyrex, or one 10” tart)
- ½ cup of butter, room temperature or use Earth Balance to make it pareve
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup chocolate chips melted
- 1 cups marshmallow fluff (not melted marshmallows)
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.
- Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Pour melted chocolate over dough. Place in the fridge until the melted chocolate becomes hard enough to be able spread the fluff on top of it in an even layer without them mixing together. Sprinkle with a few handfuls of mini marshmallows. Crumble the remaining dough in pebble-size pieces on top of the marshmallows.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the dough is lightly browned, and the marshmallows are golden and puffed. Cool completely before cutting into bars, or removing from tart pan.
- Optional- toast sliced almonds, sprinkle the tart with the almonds,, and then drizzle melted chocolate on top!!!