Hats off to the talented Erika Sabbagh for producing the most mouth watering collection of gourmet kosher recipes ever!
Hurry and get your copy of this 300 page gourmet kosher cookbook chock full of 200 kosher recipes for $36.
A perfect Hanukah gift! contact Erika at firstname.lastname@example.org to order your copy!
Erika highly recommends this recipe for pecan pie truffles! These truffles are easy, dairy, and will melt in your mouth!
Pecan-Pie Truffles From the Brand New “A La Carte” Hatzolah Cookbook
- 2 1/2 cups toasted pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 7 ounces milk chocolate or dark chocolate
- 25 pecan halves
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the pecans, graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and salt until well combined. Add the maple syrup, condensed milk, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons water; use your hands to blend the ingredients well.
2. Form the mixture into 24 walnut-size balls. Place on a cookie sheet and freeze for 2 hours.
3. In the top of a double boiler or in a medium stainless-steel bowl set over a pot of gently simmering water, melt the chocolate. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dip the frozen balls into the melted chocolate, then place on the prepared baking sheet and top each with a pecan half. Let set for 15 minutes, or until firm.