Enjoy this delicious kosher brisket recipe from the new gourmet kosher cookbook from The Guardians of the Los Angeles Home for the Aging. This cookbook is a great Passover Gift Idea as well as a great way to give tzedakah to this wonderful cause!
Apricot and Honey Easy Kosher Brisket Recipe
by anielle Ames-Spivak
- 5 pound brisket
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 jar of apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 bottle of dark beer
- Pepper to taste
Instructions: Place brisket in large pan. Coat with onion soup mix and cover with tin foil. Cook on 300 for 3 hours. Add lemon juice, ginger, apricots, jam, honey, brown sugar, beer and pepper.
Support The Guardians of the Los Angeles Home for the Aging Young Women’s Division by pre-ordering their Taste of Jewish Heritage 2011 cookbook. One hundred percent of the proceeds will go to the Los Angeles Jewish Home. The book is a compilation of recipes from The Guardians and the Home’s residents. It is available for $41 and will be ready to ship by Chanukah. A perfect CHANUKAH GIFT!!!
To purchase a copy click this link: http://www.laguardians.com/Cart/EventDetails.aspx?ID=128 For any questions please email@example.com
- Joan Nathan’s Juicy Brisket Braised in Pomegranate Juice (thejewishhostess.com)
- Gourmet Challah Recipe with Eucalyptus and Wild Flowers Honey From Israel (thejewishhostess.com)
- Panzanella on a Stick- A great new Summer Recipe! (thejewishhostess.com)
- Easy and Healthy Blueberry Yogurt Muffins (thejewishhostess.com)
- Apricot Almond Cookies with Amaretto Icing (thejewishhostess.com)
- Unbelievable Shabbat Brick Roast with Wine, Cranberry Sauce, and Portobello Mushrooms (thejewishhostess.com)
- Rosh Hashanah Ground Lamb on a Cinnamon Stick by Debbie Gindi (thejewishhostess.com)
- Great Granola Winter Snack (thejewishhostess.com)