kosher pareve recipes, kosher recipes, kosher rice and pasta recipes
Thanks so much for dishing out this healthy recipe for weeknight brown rice pasta. I just know how gourmet blood just runs in your family so I’m betting that this recipe is a winner!
Can’t wait to see you at Lottie’s Kitchen on July 11! Marlene
HEALTHY BROWN RICE PASTA with PARSLEY SAUCE on TOP of ARUGULA
By: Renée Cohen Safdiah
- 1 package brown rice spaghetti
- I medium red onion, finely diced.
- 6 cloves garlic, finely diced
- I bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 lb baby arugula
- kosher salt
- red pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
Cook brown rice spaghetti in large pot of boiling salted water- 2 minutes short of cooking time. It should be al dente.
When the pasta is ready, drain and save a glass of its starchy cooking water.
At the same time, heat a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil in a deep, wide skillet.
Add the red onion, garlic and kosher salt. Cook slowly over low heat until golden. Add the chopped parsley and a dash of red pepper flakes. Continue to cook for 5 minutes.
Add some of the cooking water to this mixture. Simmer for a moment to make it thick and creamy. Add the spaghetti and toss well over the heat. Season with salt and pepper.
Put spaghetti in serving platter and top with baby arugula. Toss gently to wilt arugula before serving.
Find this and other amazing summertime recipes in the Lottie’s Kitchen Cookbook available at the LOTTIE’S KITCHEN charity event on July 11th, 2012
This summer, we look forward to:
- A Vegan Throw-Down featuring the chefs of Candle Cafe West (certified kosher), Jorge Pineda & Angel Ramos vs. our very own Alice Adjmi.
- Demo and book signing with Levana Kirschenbaum, author of “The Whole Foods Kosher Kitchen: Glorious Meals Pure & Simple.”
- Many exciting cooking demonstrations from creative community members.
- Please join us!
- For more information or to volunteer at the event, please email Lottieskitchen@gmail.com.
Lottie’s Kitchen is a food distribution program established in Jerusalem, Israel.
Lottie’s Kitchen prepares hundreds of meals, sandwiches and snacks every
day for families of sick and hospitalized patients. Dedicated volunteers
deliver the food to hospitals and the homes of sick people, bringing
encouraging words and emotional nourishment along with the nutritious
The fund raiser for this program is a major event that takes place each
summer in Deal, NJ. This event includes cooking demonstrations, an elaborate chinese auction, a
kitchen boutique, a bakery shoppe as well as renowned speakers