This fresh summer salad couldn’t be easier. We sliced the peaches pencil thin, and let them marinate in the equally sliced thin red onion slivers. The slivered basil was last to be sprinkled on top right before serving. If serving with a dairy meal, you can crumble feta or goat these on top, and if serving with a meat meat, you can choose to place sliced grilled chicken as a side. We couldn’t stop eating this salad given the low fat and low calorie bonus! Inspired by MarthaStewart.com.
Sweet and Savory Summer Salad Ingredients:
- 3 peaches, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil (leaves torn if large)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Toss peaches with red onion, basil, lemon juice, salt, and some pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.