Thank you Susan for sending in this chocolate lover’s dream cookie! Looks yummy and easy to whip up!
Enjoy these killer cookies that do a lot to help the “medicine go down”. I have friends who come to my house for a meal because these cookies will be served.
I have also provided these cookies on the last day of the semester so even if the class has required blood, sweat & tears, my students are
rewarded at the end for hanging in (I teach at USC in Los Angeles)”. Susan T Lindau
Triple Chocolate Espresso Cookies
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 bag semisweet chocolate chips,
- 4 eggs divided
- 2 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 ½ tbs espresso powder
- 1/2 tsp bkng powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. toasted walnuts
1. Melt unsweetened chocolate, 1/2 c chocolate chips, and the semisweet chopped chocolate with the butter in a pan placed over simmering water.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt (or mix together with a whisk).
3. Combine eggs, sugar, espresso powder, vanilla. Fold in the cooled chocolate mixture.
4. Fold in flour mixture & nuts
5. Chill for at least 1 hour do not chill overnight (becomes too hard to handle).
6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
7. On buttered & floured cookie sheet or parchment paper lined cookie sheet, place rounded tablespoons of dough.
8. Bake 7 – 10 minutes. Carefully remove parchment paper to cooling rack, when cool enough to handle, using a spatula, remove from paper and allow to cool completely before packing in airtight plastic bags for freezing. Or serve NOW!! These cookies a great cold – do not store in the refrigerator – they will dry out.