We got in the mood to make this cozy Shakshooka tonight and it was so worth the slight mess. My little daughter watches the Cooking Channel daily and it was so much fun watching as she expertly chopped all of the ingredients and sprinkled them in the pan. Here’s her easy recipe for Shakshooka.
- Chop one whole onion, 1/2 red pepper, 1 seedless jalapeño pepper, and 3 mashed cloves of garlic.
- Carmelise these ingredients n a pan with olive oil. Add cumin, thyme, oregano, sweet red paprika, and fresh black pepper.
- Add 1 small can of Hunt’s fire roasted chopped tomatoes discarding some of the liquid.
- Add hot sauce or hot pepper if you like it spicy.
4. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Break 4 eggs into a glass and check for un kosher blood spots.
6.Optional- add crumbled feta.
7. Slide into tomato mixture and cover for 10- 15 minutes.