Don’t miss a single recipe or gorgeous table setting idea! Subscribe Now!
I’m so glad that I bumped into Julie again on our weekly Shabbat walk. Always with a sweet word to say, she lets me know that at there are people out there who love The Jewish Hostess!!
Thank Julie for sending in this great recipe for stuffing! Can’t wait to put it on my Thanksgiving menu!! Marlene
The Perfect Savory Mushroom Turkey Stuffing by Julie Esses
- Two tablespoons of Earth Balance
- Two medium celery stalks
- One cup one medium onion chopped
- One quarter cup fresh parsley
- One tablespoon chopped sageor one teaspoon dried sage leaves
- One and half teaspoons chopped majoram
- Three quarter teaspoon fresh tarragon leaves or one quarter teaspoon of dried tarragon
- One half teaspoon salt
- Salt seven cups soft bread cubes (you can use challah)
- Two medium carrots shredded
- One and half cups one medium zuchini shredded
- One cup one cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- Melt Earth Balance in ten inch nonstick skillet over low medium heat
- Cook celery and onion in butter stirring frequently until onion is tender
- Stir in parsley, sage, majoram, tarragon, and salt.
- Mix bread cubes, carrots, zuchini, and mushrooms in a large bowl add celery mixture and toss.
- Mixture is now ready to stuff.
- Refrigerate turkey with stuffing until ready to roast
- Bake leftovers in a pyrex at 350 degrees. Enjoy!