Loving Instagram for all of my new soup recipes! #abettersoup is turning out to a a great collection of Jewish Hostess soup recipes! Thanks- Lily Shomer for your soup addition! Click HERE for more great Jewish Hostess SOUP recipes shared on Instagram!
I made this soup the other night. It’s a cream of broccoli and pea soup. Was very simple and delicious! Hope you like it!
- Steam 1 bag frozen peas and 1 box frozen broccoli florets.
- Blend well in a food processor or an immersion blender. Set aside.
- In a pot add 1/2 stick butter, 1 chopped onion.
- When the onion is cooked add 1/4 cup flour and stir.
- Add entire carton of vegetable broth (I use Pacific Organic).
- Add the broccoli and pea purée to the pot along with 1/4 cup heavy cream.
- Bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.